Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones in Jacksonville Florida
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can be Used to Treat Many Conditions and Symptoms
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctors in Jacksonville use Bioidentical hormones to treat men and women that are suffering from conditions that are caused from hormone imbalances. A wide variety of conditions can be triggered with hormonal imbalances, and this is because hormones control countless functions in the body. For this reason, balancing hormones can treat a wide number of signs and symptoms that are due to age or stress related hormone decline. Some of the conditions treated with Bioidentical Hormones include:
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Much like women, men also experience their own phase of hormonal decline and imbalance. Usually, male hormones, such as testosterone, begin to decline beginning in a man’s 30’s, and they continue to decline until men reach the mid to late forties or early fifties. As men reach middle age, hormones take a steep drop, which brings about the phase known as andropause. Some people refer to this phase in a man’s life as a mid-life crisis, and during this time, men can develop symptoms that include thinning hair, weight gain, fatigue, anxiety, muscle atrophy, reduced workout performances, slower metabolism, low libido, erectile dysfunction, and reduced stamina and endurance. Replenishing hormones to healthy levels can help men to reduce symptoms and regain vitality.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause can be a trying and difficult time for a lot of women, and it begins when women have completed their reproductive years, which is marked by twelve straight months of amenorrhea. During menopause, the adrenal glands are ideally supposed to take over the production of estrogen and progesterone; however, because most women have burned out their adrenal glands by their fourth and fifth decades, the body cannot produce enough hormones needed to maintain health and wellness. The imbalance in hormones causes women to experience low libido, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, thinning and dry hair, wrinkling skin, fatigue, depression, mood swings, lack of motivation, weight gain, and muscle atrophy. Restoring hormones to youthful levels can help women to overcome and prevent many symptoms of menopause.
- Hot Flashes & Night Sweats
- While hot flashes and night sweats are typically associated with menopausal women, men can also suffer from temperature imbalances. Hormones help to regulate body temperature, and they work with a part of the brain known as the hypothalamus to regulate the body’s temperature. When hormones are not in their proper balance, men and women can get flashes of head during the day and at night or experience sweating in the middle of the night. Balancing hormones can help the body to regulate its temperature and eliminate hot flashes and night sweats.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Permenopause precedes menopause, and it occurs around three to ten years before menopause, and it typically begins while women are in the mid to late thirties or early forties. Usually, the first sign of perimenopause that women notice is changes within the menstrual cycle, and women that have had regular periods all of their lives may suddenly experience heavier or lighter and earlier or later periods. During this phase, the ovaries production of valuable hormones such as estrogen and progesterone is beginning to slow down, and as a result, women can experience a series of unpleasant symptoms. Some of the symptoms that women may experience include fatigue, thinning hair, migraines, bloating, water retention, increased PMS symptoms, depression, weight gain, infertility, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, and anovulation. Balancing estrogen and progesterone can help women to reduce these symptoms and improve their overall quality of life.
- Thyroid Disorders
- When thyroid hormone is produced in incorrect amounts, men and women can suffer from thyroid disorders. Because the thyroid hormone controls numerous functions in the body such as metabolism, energy and heat production, and cellular repair, it must be balanced in order for a person to experience optimal levels of health. A lack of thyroid hormone production can lead to hypothyroidism, which may cause symptoms that include reduced tolerance for cold, fatigue, hair loss, constipation, weight gain, and depression. Excessive thyroid hormone production can lead to an increased heart rate, sudden weight loss, panic attacks, nervousness, and increased bowel movements. Restoring thyroid hormone balance can help to relieve the symptoms of both hyperthyroid and hypothyroid.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Typically in women, weight loss resistance is the result of imbalances between estrogen and progesterone, which often become imbalanced during perimenopause and menopause. Balancing these hormones can help women to lose weight and regain balance. In men, lower levels of testosterone can reduce metabolism, which causes body fat to increase and estrogen levels to rise. High levels of estrogen can suppress testosterone even further, which continues the cycle of increased body fat. Restoring testosterone levels to normal can help men to increase their metabolism and lose body fat.
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Hormone decline can create sexual dysfunction in both men and women because hormones govern sexual function and reproduction. In women, hormone decline that is usually related to menopause or perimenopause brings about vaginal dryness and low libido. Women may also experience a reduced ability to climax and decreased enjoyment in sex. For men, low levels of sex hormones often first manifest as a reduced desire for sex, which is then followed by a loss of involuntary morning erections. Eventually, many men can suffer from erectile dysfunction. Balancing sex hormones can help both men and women regain desire for sex, increase sexual enjoyment, and restore sexual function.
A Jacksonville Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor can help men and women to overcome many conditions related to hormone decline and imbalances. Thousands of men and women have been able to regain their vitality and reduce symptoms.
Contact a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor in Jacksonville today to learn more about which conditions and symptoms can be improved through specialized hormone balancing programs!
Locate Experienced Jacksonville Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You